Review on "President Trump" | Teen Ink

Review on "President Trump"

December 5, 2016
By marchayes03 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
marchayes03 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“President Trump,” by Claire Doll, is a piece on acceptance and tolerance toward the nation’s new president elect.  In this writing, Doll states from the get-go that she is not a Trump supporter.  However, she reiterates that he is, and will be for at least the next four years, our president, and that we need to accept that.  I respect that she is not ranting about the negative aspects of Donald Trump, since any candidate has flaws.  Doll is tolerant and accepting, and even says that she thinks Trump will do a great job as a Republican president, which we have not seen since George W. Bush, almost eight years ago (although she would prefer another candidate to have won the election).
As a Trump supporter, I feel that he will make a positive impact on our nation.  Others, such as Claire Doll herself, feel Clinton and/or the third-party frontrunners, Gary Johnson and Jill Stein will do a better job than he.  I urge his non-supporters to follow in Doll’s footsteps and give Mr. Trump a chance.  In her article, Doll states, “Many people are very upset… But we are a nation built on a foundation of respect.”  If we all gave Donald Trump the respect he has earned in winning the presidential race, it would make all our lives a little easier.