TeenInk.com This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was at the library when I spotted Teen Ink magazine. Curious, I flipped to the first page and was immediately excited – I could send in poems and short stories for publication, which is my life dream!

The first thing I did when I got home was go to TeenInk.com. I got permission from my parents and submitted four poems and two short stories. A week or two later I received an e-mail from Teen Ink. I eagerly clicked on it and found that my work had been posted on the site. The feeling was indescribable.

The website has boosted my self-confidence, given me feedback, and shown me that I can keep working toward my goal of publishing a novel. I now know that if I want something, I should do my best to get it – and sitting around doesn't help!

I just want to say thank you, Teen Ink. Though I've only been published online thus far, I know that one day I will see my name in print. You have altered my life, and I want to give you credit.

Editor's note: We're thrilled that you found our site, Natalie. Have you seen the new TeenInk.com? We just relaunched it with many new features we know you'll enjoy.

Beachgirl1 said...
Lovely! I feel the same way about teenink. And look you got published!