Sexism in Science Universities | Teen Ink

Sexism in Science Universities

By IsaacVillarreal BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona
IsaacVillarreal BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona

I found Farha K.'s article, "Sexism in Science Universities" very informal. One thing I would disagree on is what is said. Now, yes I am a guy, but I believe that more women sholud go into the working field of science. I do know that this article is about women having difficulties in science universities and that no one will listen to what they have to say, but that is what is wrong. Classes need to be more diverse and more women should be inclueded. "Sixty-nine percent of students are male, creating a male-to-female ratio or almost 3-to-1" says Farha. This shows that women do need to be in more co-ed classes and not single sex classes. One part on women is appearance is key. When you go to a interview how do you dress? You dress in nice clothes. It should be the same thing when working or in class. Now it doesn't need to be anything special, just the casual look is fine. So again, more women should be in classes with men and women should have a casual look. Thank you Farha K. for sharing this information.