Finding a Friend | Teen Ink

Finding a Friend

By E.M.I SILVER, Chico, California
E.M.I SILVER, Chico, California

She has been through hell, so believe me when I say, "Fear her when she looks into a fire and smiles."

Every day I'm searching for a friend and everyday all I find is a person who acts like a friend.

A friend is someone who is always there for you. A friend is someone who knows everything about you. A friend is someone who never ignores you. A friend is someone who includes you in everything.

So why do my friends always leave me? Why do my friends always know nothing about me? Why do my friends always ignore me? Why do my friends post pictures of them at a concert that I wasn't invited to? Am I being selfish or reasonable? I do not know. Is it too much of you to ask? Am I that invisible? Do I not matter? Why am I not good enough to hang out with you guys?

You have no idea what it feels like to be left out. You have no idea what it means to me to be invited to someone's house to hang out. I'm on the verge of tears right now because I do not know how to express this to your face. I feel like I don't belong anywhere.

My one request from you, my friend, let me know you care. Let me know I'm wanted. Let me know I belong somewhere. Let me hang out with you. Let me be your friend, so I can finally find a friend.