Kick Like a Girl | Teen Ink

Kick Like a Girl

By KalebC BRONZE, Alvord, Texas
KalebC BRONZE, Alvord, Texas

Kick Like a Girl

In “Kick Like a Girl,” Savannah got out of the locker room and she was interviewed.
She talked about what she did sports wise in her childhood. It was soccer in second grade, church basketball in kindergarten, playing AAU [ Amateur Athletic Union] in 9th grade.
When she was in middle school, she played varsity soccer, varsity softball, and in high school she played varsity basketball.
Savannah comes from a family of athletes and she is kind of the 3rd generation kicker. Her father,Travis, says she has potential.
In Savannah’s junior year, the football team needed a kicker and she wanted to try out. The coach, Mike Adams, shooed her off, but when he saw the video he said, “She’s the best kicker ever.”
She became a role model all around the country and she said “I could be a role model for girls is pretty cool.”
I think that it is interesting that a girl can play football. She has a bunch of of people who are inspired by her. My favorite part was when she put a video on social media to show how talented it is to all the football players and coaches.

My name is Kaleb Crable and Im 13 years old. I play footbal and baseball.