How I Became a Monster | Teen Ink

How I Became a Monster

By Ahsan BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York
Ahsan BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York

Reading the title “How I Became a Monster” caught my attention but I had no clue that the memoir would be about. I started reading and underestimated it in the beginning thinking that “aw man, not another one about some kid’s life.” I kept reading and the rest left me stunned.
The excellent, well written piece by “Deb” describes how she blames her father for something which was her own fault. She found a program for herself to join and they didn’t except applications through certified mail. She didn’t specify this with her father and he mails it as certified mail only because the worker at the post office had recommended to send important mail as certified. Her father was just trying to do the best for her and she completely miss understood and blamed her father.
Most children have done this to their parents, including me. However, we don’t realize that at the moment that whatever our parents do is the best for you. Most kids don’t realize that our parents have sacrificed a lot in life just to help their kids. Sometimes they try to do the best like how, Deb’s father did for her, but it might not always go the way how they intend it to. Parents try to do the best for their kids, not realizing, most kids don’t appreciate what their parents do is for the best for them and end up hurting their feelings.

I hope that people(mostly Kids) would learn to respect their parents and realize how much your parents do for you.