An Overwhelming Moment | Teen Ink

An Overwhelming Moment

November 6, 2016
By mellie0919 BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York
mellie0919 BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“An Overwhelming Moment” by Kaya Langlois is a one of a kind piece that I think many teens in high school can relate to. This creative memoir about a girl being overwhelmed and feeling crammed with everything that’s going on. Because of her schoolwork she is feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed by everything. She becomes lost in her world of thoughts but then thinks back about her family in which she becomes calm and back to her original state.

I felt as if Langlois writing were my thoughts leaked out into ink. I can relate so much to her piece. When I read this story I get a sense that I’m not alone. When Langlois says “I think about college and how big my workload will be then, and I am caught in the tornado of my life.” The line caught my eye. This line has a very strong connection with me and school at the moment. We recently had college day and I’ve been having the same thought process. I’m also looking into the future with classes and assignments.

In the last two paragraphs Langlois has shown the internal happiness calms the mind. She looked over to her mirror and looked at her family picture which who she felt comforted by. Langlois felt happy about her family. This calmed her mind because she knows her family is there to give her support. Thank you, Kaya Langlois, for an amazing piece that many can relate to.