High School Politics | Teen Ink

High School Politics MAG

November 3, 2016
By DaltonO BRONZE, Alvord, Texas
DaltonO BRONZE, Alvord, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he's losing; nobody wants you to quit when you're ahead.


In “High School Politics” by Julia Coccaro, she talks about how “being a liberal in Alabama is strange and uncommon” in a conservative Republican part of the country. She stated that she wasn’t in any club in her school and that she wanted to start a chapter of the High School Democrats of America. When she first started out she had a hard time finding a sponsor and worried whether anyone would join. Her friends confronted her, saying, “Are you joking? We’re in Alabama. Nobody’s going to come to your meeting,” but she stayed strong and got her Democrats club up and running.

I can relate to this because I once pulled something off that no one thought I could. I worked very hard, and it took several years to accomplish. One of the most important things that Julia did was keep trying. I wouldn’t have accomplished my goal without staying positive and working to get the job done. There were times when I wanted to give up or was feeling depressed because it didn’t go exactly as planned, but just like Julia, I got it done.


The author's comments:

This is feedback on the October 2016 article, High School POlitics