Feedback on "The Picky Eater" by Molly Laninberg | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Picky Eater" by Molly Laninberg

October 12, 2016
By JCR55 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
JCR55 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“The Picky Eater” intrigued me to read more from the very first line: “It looks like vomit.” This piece of writing by Molly Laninberg describes her experiences as a very picky eater, and how it causes her trouble just to eat almost all foods. This problem affects her entire life, as she cannot experience going out to eat with her friends or expand her palate with new kinds of food.
            One aspect of  “The Picky Eater” that I admired was the way it was able to paint a picture in my head. Lines such as “...my fork sinks into the center, hitting slimy black specks” and “...ribs with the thick, orange sauce and the scent of rotten citrus” helped me understand what it was like to despise foods that most people would have no trouble devouring.
           I can personally relate to this article because I am a picky eater as well. I will not let two foods on my plate touch unless I intend for them to, and I have to inspect strawberries and grapes for even the smallest bruise or scratch before I can eat them.
In conclusion, Laninberg’s piece connected with me and successfully conveyed the experience of finding most foods absolutely revolting.