Point and Shoot | Teen Ink

Point and Shoot MAG

By pepper00 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
pepper00 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I wholeheartedly agree with Vamika Sinha when she wrote about how, we the human race relies on social media in her article "Point and Shoot." The fact that many cannot enjoy a moment and resist the urge to share it on social media is daunting. I readily admit that I am one of the many whom take "a candid" of my cappiccino for the "viewing pleasure of all 328 of your 'friends'". Before reading the jaw dropping article, I was sharing a picture of my friend with the caption in quotes stating "She says she isn't 'hipster' enough" which I found quite amusing, in hopes that others would as well. However, as I finished the article I had a moment of of self contemplation. Ultimatly I came to a base question, why do I really feel the need to show people what I do? Thank you Vamika for making me realize my life does not revolve around others opinions and thoughts.

I was inspired to write this peice because I felt how passionate Vamika Sinha was about the need for people to express themselves. Also, the great need not to depend on the commentary of others to have self confidence and respect.