My Thoughts on "Le Voyage de la Lune" | Teen Ink

My Thoughts on "Le Voyage de la Lune"

By AnkTank SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
AnkTank SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

In the writing titled “Le Voyage de la Lune” written by Olivia L, I felt a little confused. Her writing about the man in the moon left me feeling touched and hungry for an explanation. I liked many pieces in this writing, but there were a few moments when Olivia wasn’t clear with what she was trying to say, or I simply didn’t catch it, such as the line, “My mother always warned me about boys who sigh lies from your ears to your chest, but she never warned me about the boys who sewed their hearts in your skin.”

I think she was trying to make the writing very deep and personal meaning about how the man in the moon was very different from other boys. I wasn’t really sure because it could mean different things depending on who is reading it. On the other hand, the line “I remind him that he is part of the Earth, that the moon is our planet’s debris, our satellite” was breathtaking. It was the cherry on top of the point that was trying to be made. It is touching to know that no matter what part of the world you live in, you can see the moon when it’s nighttime and it gives us light when it is so incredibly dark. It leads us and gives us hope for the next day that will follow the night. My favorite part of the story was at the very end where she had an incredible ah-ha moment. She wrote, “I realized then that the man in the moon is really just a boy.”