Review of Run | Teen Ink

Review of Run

By HMiles SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
HMiles SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

In the writing titled “Run” written by Rebecca H., I felt like the writing was really odd.  Her writing about getting chased by all I can imagine is a bloodied corpse left me feeling weirded out.  Do not get me wrong, this was a very interesting piece, but there are some flaws in Rebecca’s writing.  One of which is stated in, “I hurry to my parents’ room, grab my mom’s hidden swords and gun, dash downstairs, deeper into the darkness of the silent house.”  First off I, myself, would probably turn on the lights in case of a killer being in my house, but that’s just me.  Second, I do not know about anyone else, but my mom does not hide swords in our house, or anywhere for a matter of fact.  Another phrase that seemed very unlikely to me is, “I’m cut off as the bullet shatters the driver’s window, missing me but hitting my phone, frying it and ending the call.”  This doesn’t seem very likely, as phones are very small and most likely if your phone was hit, then there is a very high chance your hand was hit too.  However, like I said before I thought the piece caught the reader’s attention, but there were some very unlikely circumstances.