Crescendo, Diminuendo This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In the writing titled Crescendo, Diminuendo written by Sydney A., I felt surprised about how she connected the qualities of a piano and related it to society and left me thinking that she is absolutely right.  I can relate to Sydney's poem because I play the piano also, and I thought when she described the black and white keys as, "Two opposing forces making perfect harmonies," was a very clever line.  A song cannot be created with only white or only black keys, they need to be put together to create a beautiful sound.  I thought Sydney created a very nice connection combining the essence of a piano to the difference in society by saying, "If a piano can function undeterred by its dissimilarities, than so can our society."  This definitely related to arguments that are occurring in society today creating the 'black keys' and the good in society is shown as 'white keys.'  Each key needs to work together to create beautiful music.