Review of Point and Shoot | Teen Ink

Review of Point and Shoot

By Blackuni333 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Blackuni333 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In the writing titled “Point and Shoot” written by Vamika S. I felt concerned about the control our phones have on our life; it left me feeling like I should make a change.  In today’s society it’s normal to be constantly taking pictures, no matter where you go. However, what we don’t realize is it’s become a sickness and a disease. In Vamika’s words, “Ebola is long gone’ the world’s new pandemic is narcissism,” everything has to be captured in a phone screen.  There is nowhere this illness hasn’t spread.  I see it everywhere, myself included; spending hours to take a decent picture just to get more “likes” by people I don’t even know.  My phone is with me wherever I go and is always recording or snapping pictures.  I hide behind my phone screen looking at my doppelganger and her perfect life.  In reality my life is far from perfect, “filters can erase pores but not unhappiness.” No matter how hard I try, my life will always be a struggle on the inside.  I’ve decided I need to make a change. We should all make a change to put our phones down and experience life in the most rewarding way, with no distractions.