Response to Louisiana Summers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In the writing titled "Louisiana Summers" written by Elizbeth D., I felt awed. Her writing was about conversations she would have with her grandmother about her housekeeper. The personal article left me feeling touched and moved by the emotional intensity. This piece of writing was written and constructed very well. Not only did I imagine the moments that took place but I could feel them. The amount of description was simply amazing and flows very well. Nothing moves me more than converstations with my own grandmother. Ms. D 's description is absouletly exquisite. "I pictured an empty room with four white-washed walls and a springy mattress one thousand three hundred miles away." The accuracy and honesty in the piece gives no doubt that this was a fictional event. "Minnie has been bustling all day in the kitchen, baking my favorites: peach crumble, two dozen pralines, and a whole caramel cake." "Louisiana Summers" is a heart-warming moment felt between a child and a mother-like figure that cannot be forgotten.