Feedback on Imperfections, Take Me Back | Teen Ink

Feedback on Imperfections, Take Me Back

By Zehra13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Zehra13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

This fiction piece by Blaine Larson was breathtaking. "Imperfection, Take Me Back" was a lesson on itself to not be ashamed of who you are. As cliché as it may sound, nobody is perfect. The story made of so many connected metaphors  concerning a girl's journey as she suffers from isolation and insecurity. It was worth it to see the character we quickly grew attached to pull herself out. She compares all of her falls and fails to figure skating techniques and the feeling of being locked beneath the ice at the rink. It was intractely beautiful and gave me the shivers.

"I have a life attached to me. I am away from something. I am supposed to be somewhere. I have people..." One is instantly yanked into the cold, fast, roaring coaster ride by these few lines. A tale that stands out and displays the harsh reality of some people. It was amazing and scary at the same time. A perfect combination for a dive into the minds of shadows and complexities. I recommend to this story for everyone who wants an inspiration.