Feedback on Walking on Eggshells | Teen Ink

Feedback on Walking on Eggshells

By greninjash GOLD, New York City, New York
greninjash GOLD, New York City, New York

"Walking on Eggshells" by Sarah R. is a significant memoir that spreads awareness about taking care of yourself. In this article, Sarah recalls a terrifying experinece she had in college. The day progressed as it typically did, but took an unexpected turn during the night. She woke to her friend Kate shaking her. Apparantly, her best friend Janet had taken an entire bottle of pain medicine with alcohol. She was rushed to the hospital, and though she is now recovering, her relationship with Sarah will never be the same. 

Most friends seem to know each other very well, but even your best friend can be hiding a dark secret. Sarah and Kate had thought Janet was simply fretting about the midterm finals, but they were wrong. She could have lost her best friend that night, and it's horrifying to know somebody you are so close to can leave you at any time. Sarah emphasizes that you must always keep avancing through life no matter the circumstances, because there is always somebody out there who cares about you.