Love and a Wishbone | Teen Ink

Love and a Wishbone

By Mary Bennett SILVER, Garretson, South Dakota
Mary Bennett SILVER, Garretson, South Dakota

This article is interesting, because this one wishbone symbolizes this one girl's parent's love for each other. They keep the wishbone on top of the mantle and it fills their living room with love, the love that they have put into the wishbone for eachother. Then one day the wishbone is gone? And when the girl notices she is sad and starts to look for it. When I was reading this article I could feel that girl's hurt from the missing wishbone, it is what held their house toether. You can feel the pain that is running through her veins when she sees her parents fighting over who should keep the wishbone because no one wants it anymore, they can barely stand to even look at it. Her parents give it to her and bring her into the middle of it. She stores it on the night stand in her room by her bed. So ever since then, she has stoped believing in love.

lilbinks said...
on Mar. 14 2009 at 4:10 pm
Dear Mary,

Thank you so very much for writing such a beautiful and heartfelt review of my piece. It means so much to me that my piece touched you enough to write wonderful review of it. Your writing truly captured my feelings and it is great to see that you are sharing my story. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Lauren