Feedback for “So Long, Wonder Years” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“So Long, Wonder Years” by Denise L. is an amazing article. I could not agree more with her opinion of today’s children. I remember being 10, running home from school, throwing on play clothes and rushing outside to play soccer with neighborhood kids.

When I see 10-year-old girls now, I am honestly shocked. Not a day goes by that I don’t see a fourth- or fifth-grader wearing a mini skirt and fur boots! Whatever happened to overalls and sneakers?

As the sister of a 10-year-old, I notice that most girls her age aren’t interested in common activities of “my day” – watching feel-good cartoons, playing outside, not caring how dirty you get because you were having so much fun, and begging to stay up late … not to watch some boy on TV dance, but to play hide-and-seek in the dark.

Really, what did happen to the “wonder years”? This great article really made me ­reflect.