Thank you This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dear Editor of TeenInk,

I wish to express my gratitude to you, Editor.

Before TeenInk, I thought I was a good writer, and it was my pride and glory. I loved to write and thought I was going to be a famous author one day.

Then I went on TeenInk.

There, I saw all these amazing works by teens just like me, writing from fiction to death penalty. There was so much writing, but I saw how little went onto the magazine, and how much less won the TeenInk awards. 

First, I thought, "Piece of cake! I'm gonna get published in no time!" I wrote something and sent it to you, "knowing" it'll get published.

When it didn't, I shrugged it off, saying to myself, "Whatever. The next one's probably going to be published." But it didn't.

You may think I'm complaining about how hard it is to get published on this magazine, but I'm not. I'm thanking you, Editor.

Before, I had been so blind to see what would be successful or what would be published. I thought my writing was good enough. I was wrong.

Now I see the competition against me is great, but I'm not giving up. I'm using this as a challenge. Now I can inspire myself off of others' works and make my writing better. I should have known the publishing world wasn't easy. 

Thank you, Editor, for making this website. Thank you.

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Had the same experience, but not enough guts to put it into words. Keep writing!

IndigoWaltz said...
Well, you've got a way to go, I wish you luck on your journey. Personally I feel as though the top work(at least I think, It might just be for poetry) called "Need Love?" is aweful. Not because of the effort or wording, but because of the message itself. Its generic and I feel like I've heard it a million times. It's not original nor worth rewriting. I use this to motivate me write just as you do with this. I think the meaning of your article although a touch overdone is sincere and I can respec... (more »)

IndigoWaltz replied...
If you think I am wrong, prove me wrong and either show me what you've written or give me some feedback on my work. I will take back everthing I've said if someone can do this for m more recent work.

ArtsyAuthor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you for your comment! It's not everyday someone actually takes the time to review my work, and in return, I will review your work! :)