Feedback on "I Am a Lifeguard" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "I Am a Lifeguard"

By SnowflakeStar GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
SnowflakeStar GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Jonah Findley's piece "I Am a Lifeguard," deals with an outstanding memory of one event in his life as a lifeguard. Being a lifeguard is described as "...another boring day at the pool." However he also writes, "At least that's what people think." Being a lifeguard in his eyes isn't the "easiest job ever" because lives are at stake here. This memoir captures the importance of being a lifeguard extremely well.

According to the piece it states "And I guess they have a point; what I do isn't hard, but on this day I was reminded that it's very important." This is the trigger to the flashback that the author had when he vividly describes a time when he saved a thirteen year old girl's life. The author of his memoir closes with "Maybe if seems  hat being a lifeguard is the simplest job ever, but people's lives are in your hands. Sometimes even lifeguards forget this, but after that day I will never forget." Indeed, a lifeguard is a necessary aspect of a safe and fun poolside environment.