Feedback on How To Raise Your Parents | Teen Ink

Feedback on How To Raise Your Parents

May 5, 2016
By lonelyperson GOLD, New York, New York
lonelyperson GOLD, New York, New York
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   "How To Raise Your Parents," by Grace Coberly is a well written, light-hearted piece explaining how to treat your parents. They are described as being children because they are bigger versions of them. In the beginning, the parents seem to have control over the children, but they really want to spend time with them. When they grow up, they will be the ones who will return the favor by teaching them about modern things and caring for them.

   I find this piece to be quite true. I've always thought that parents were the adults who had authority over their children until they became adults themselves. However, this piece has presented a different perspective of them as the first two sentences are, "First of all, you must always remember to treat your parents like children. That's all they are, really- tall children in suit jackets with electric bills to pay." They have many more responsibilities than their children, but they are still like them in common ways. They have friends and might get worried or upset about something too. After they watch over their children and spend time with them, they must care for their parents and be patient and have fun with them as they are now the children.