Feedback on "Your Art Reflects You" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Your Art Reflects You"

May 5, 2016
By cosmicartisian SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
cosmicartisian SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 1 photo 0 comments

In “Your Art Reflects You” River Cull describes an experience any artist can relate to. The brush and pen follows the rhythm of thoughts silently following mental patterns.  Gradually, brushes, pen, and canvas rapidly dance lively to the tune of ideas. The drawing becomes a pride of the artist, a wonder built out of airy ideas and hard work. It is an outlet of the artists inner soul and ideas. However, with the freeing strokes comes all the locked up pain flowing out in harsh breaths and slipping tears. Only by showing both the great and hated is all of you represented.
    I really relate to this as an artist. Every single flying stroke and beautiful colors are backed with frustration and the bitter biting back of words. Eventually, the art becomes more and more reflective of myself as I dive deeper and deeper into ideas. Problems are engraved into canvas and paper, as a vent when “the brush paints what’s holding me back.” However, it is through meeting my emotions that we can face and understand myself. The dam has to break to see the water inside. Like River wrote, “the brush paints what’s holding back and the canvas…becomes a mirror.”