Resounding Protests This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was impressed by the Points of View piece “Resounding Protests” by Olivia Boudette. Even though it was short, it sent a strong message to young people: small voices can be heard. Olivia and her friends went to a Donald Trump rally to voice their thoughts and were kicked out before they could make an impression. Yet the next day, they were in the newspaper. It was astonishing. Olivia’s story was opinionated on certain political matters, but it was courageous at the same time.

This article was written with cogent, resounding words, leaving an impact on the reader. The writing had no flowery and perfumed words, just ones that voiced thoughts that should be heard. I learned a significant lesson: We should express what we feel. If we get knocked down, we should spring back up and shout even louder than before. A line that stood out to me was, “I believe that even small actions can enable you to let your voice be heard … Our voices were not dead. They live on. This I believe.” I really like this quote because it’s empowering. It reinforces the idea that small acts can make a difference and that we can change the world for the better.