Feedback on Infinite | Teen Ink

Feedback on Infinite

By Satsuki SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Satsuki SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

The piece Infinite by Nicholas Hammer talks about the feeling of infinite.  He tells about the times he felt infinite, in eighth grade.  The author tells the audience how the times in school were like.  He was still naive especially to the truth.  He gives us an image of how he and his friend Aurora felt infinite.  They were dragged out of reality.  The author was able to set the readers in that scene of being ripped out of reality.
            This piece was very vivid and also relatable.  The writing states, “Flashback to a time when you were naive – not to dangers or choices, but to truths. For me, that time was eighth grade – a time when I would decide what I wanted to be only to change my mind a week later. A time when I still believed in the love story  of literature, film, and music. The story where a boy – even an eighth- grade boy – could see a crestfallen girl, swoop in, and sweep her off her feet.”  The author talks about having felt infinite-being torn from reality and he was still naive to truths.  It is somewhat relatable, since I understand the feeling of being naive since I am also the same age.  Just like the author I still believe in the love story of literature.  The author used a very relatable way of expressing the feeling of infinity.  I was able to understand from this piece that infinity is something that is short but will last forever.