Feedback on The Crash | Teen Ink

Feedback on The Crash

By greninjash GOLD, New York City, New York
greninjash GOLD, New York City, New York

I was flipping through the next issue of Teen Ink to find an interesting article and one in particular caught my eye. The title of "The Crash" by Mikayla A. immediately told me to expect a piece about a car crash. Oddly enogh, I enjoy reading stories about tragic events and was drawn to this one. Little did I know that this would be more than just any other tragedy. 

Before reading this piece, I thought the people who got themselves into car accidents were faulty. I believed in the classic, Oh, they should have known better and Oh, they were too careless, and now look. However, I never considered putting myself in their perspective. These people know what they did was wrong and will probably take extra care to not do it again. I never thought about the overwhelming shock and horror they must have felt as they gazed upon the smoldering wreckage. And who am I to judge? I've never sat behind the wheel before, and for all I know, driving can be traumatizing and panic inducing. This article changed how I view the people who crash their cars. I hope you get over your fear sometime soon, Mikayla.