Feedback on "Can Hemp Save the World?" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Can Hemp Save the World?"

By Derp_de_Herp GOLD, New York, New York
Derp_de_Herp GOLD, New York, New York

"Can Hemp Save the World?" by Kyleigh R. Ypsilanti is a rather informational article. In it, Ypsilanti details the facts of hemp, a plant which is quite misunderstood. She mentions how difficult it is to get high off of hemp, and its many uses. Essetially, Ypsilanti gives reasons about why hemp is not the plant most people think it is and why it should be legalized. Clearly, Ypsilanti's piece is a great one.

I feel that the article is so great because it is informative yet simplistic. This is done so well because Ypsilanti cites numerous sources and uses plenty of evidence. For instance, she states, "According to Logan Yonavjak in his article “Industrial Hemp: A Win-Win for the Economy and the Environment,” hemp oil was once used to run a car that Henry Ford produced." In addition, Ypsilanti delves deep into the topic, and explains why hemp is versatile in its numerous uses and includes historical examples and the reasoning behind why it's illegal. Overall, I loved this piece not only because it managed to persuade me to advocate hemp legalization, but because of how it did so.