The Delights of Public Health Transportation | Teen Ink

The Delights of Public Health Transportation

March 2, 2016
By Anonymous

   This piece is about the author's experiences and complaints of public transportation.  We see her describing in detail the kinds of people that get on the bus or the train that you just don't want to be in the same vehicle with.  For example the author brings up "the person on the phone" who likes to emphasize everything they say in a phone call so everyone can hear them.

   Among the other excellent parts of the piece like description and word choice I liked how the author put in a real life example.  At first I was reading it and when the guy put his hand on her knee I was about to scream in pure terror (not really).  When realized that the author realized the guy probably did it by accident I was relieved.  

   Stories, or, perspectives, like this are very common, and a lot of people who take the subway or the bus to get around each day can relate to this piece.  Growing up in the city, this has become a skill to me.  Reading this piece brings to my mind my thoughts when I first rode a subway.  This piece was relatable for me and entertaining to read.