Feedback on "Unfriending Lauren" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Unfriending Lauren"

"Natalie," author of the piece "Unfriending Lauren," has a unique and intriguing narrative. As a person without obsessive compulsive disorder, I still find that the slight redundancy and order in her tone create a relaxing mood.  I love how every color has a connotation and that she either loves or absolutely hates it. Her narrative succeeds to portray her disorder as it is, whilst addressing some misconceptions, such as the idea that everyone with the disorder must act a certain way.

It's surprising to read that the narrator's therapist does not understand that she does not know why she is how she is.  After all, the foundation of pyschology is built around the accepted belief that etiology [causation] is multi-dimensional.  No disorder has only one cause, but instead has several which contribute to a whole.  I would imagine that the narrator's situation is just made more difficult, since one does not know how to fix a problem he does not understand.  The phrasing 
"It's time to conquer my fear of nothing," is great, also.  It might have been even stronger as the last sentence of the piece.