Feedback on Lesson Five: Mild Traffic | Teen Ink

Feedback on Lesson Five: Mild Traffic

By Satsuki SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Satsuki SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

This piece “Lesson Five: Mild Traffic” by Laura Seeberg talks about driving.  The narrator is driving with a person as company.  The person who is accompanying the narrator tries to guide the narrator in how to drive properly.  While the person tries to advise the narrator, the narrator isn't clear about what he/she is trying to say.  The two start to argue and don't pay attention to the road.  This piece was short yet it was able to build tension and suspense.
            This piece was somewhat like a flash fiction.  The author doesn't give too much details.  We don’t know the names and genders of the two characters.  Even though there weren't much details, there was a lot of tension and suspense.  The piece states, “‘Are you honestly complaining that your teenager isn't independent enough?’  ‘That has nothing to do with what I said.  You're not listening!’  ‘Because I'm watching the roa-WHOA!’”  This is the end of the piece.  It was at the heat of the argument when all of a sudden there was a yell.  This leaves the audience hanging.  This piece also tells us to listen to others instead of adding more fuel to the fire, especially in a dangerous situation, since you might not know what might happen.  We are also being told to always pay attention.  This piece is a very interesting and detailed, yet short and sweet.