The Dirtiest F-Word | Teen Ink

The Dirtiest F-Word

By rainygrace GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
rainygrace GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

of course it is happening inside your head, harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? - albus dumbledore

I don't think many people truly understand what feminism really stands for. "Feminism is for all people," to put it simply. People think that feminism is just for women due to the prefix fem. They think that it is the belief that women should be superior to men. They then spread this false accusation. So now, feminism is frowned upon. I can't even fathom why anyone would be opposed to equal rights. Why would anyone be opposed to equality? I don't have the answer. I don't think anyone actually has an answer. That's what "The Dirtiest F-Word" by Anna Butler is about. She explains that feminism is still relevant and applies to everyone.
Feminism is still needed. Although women have equal rights, socially, sexism is a problem. Not to mention women earning 78 cents to a man's dollar. instead of teaching teenage boys to stop sexualizing women, they tell us to cover up. instead of teaching them to control themselves, they restrict women. At the same time, society should not restrict makes either. like I said before, feminism is for everyone. Boys should be able to cry, they should be able to be interested in theatre or fashion. People don't understand that part of feminism.
According to a the article, "I need feminism because it's the twenty first century, and I will not listen to people degrade issues that are so relevant in our society." Women are degraded for even calling themselves feminists. They are seen as self victimizing man haters when in reality, they just want to be seen as equals. In conclusion, I strongly agree with Anna Butler. I consider myself a feminist and this article really spelled out all of the misinterpretations that feminists face.