Coming Home to the Hospital This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was extremely moved by the experience shared by Caroline Pease in her article “Coming Home to the Hospital.” It is important to keep in mind that although cancer patients are always the top priority, the family members who are impacted are just as important. I know this because I too have gone through the feeling that “grief is pain and happiness and loneliness together.”

Since my mom was diagnosed with advanced leukemia, I have also grown to see the hospital as a second home. Mostly, I just know how it feels to go through it in silence because you’re afraid to add more stress to the situation.

Thank you, Caroline, for perfectly describing every thought and feeling of those who have this experience but are afraid to share it.

ArtsyAuthor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow... I see how this got into the mag.