Feedback on Teacup | Teen Ink

Feedback on Teacup

February 3, 2016
By Zehra13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Zehra13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   The stunning piece "Teacup" by Vamika Sinha was definitely one of the poetic ones of Teen Ink's February piece. It described the narrators love to a man in the theme of tea. This story was beautifully written and had my heart thudding in my chest. I liked the humor that Vamika added in the end. She concluded by saying, "Did I mention that drinking tea is one of my greatest love?" This was an excellent description of true love. Love may sometimes be taken for granted. Love can also be used to show off. But true love is every gesture that warms a person. It is the fluttery feeling in one's chest. The twinkling of the eyes and the hints of a smile. This story had am authentic aura to it that makes a reader want to experience love. 

    I also loved this narration because it was told from a first point of view. That had made it stronger and meaningful. Furthermore, it was an honest piece so I as a reader trusted the author although I don't know him/her. One of my favorite lines that were described was, "And you laugh - well, it's the ripple of honey I want to hold eternally on my tongue." The description was so symbolic and marvelous. It had a lovely originality and made to one of my top stories. Although I wasn't a big fan of romance, this had interested me greatly of all pieces that wrote of love in a tender and delicate way. Love, after all is fragile like glass. It is clear and magnicent but can shatter all too easily.