Feedback on "I Believe in Rain" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "I Believe in Rain"

By SnowflakeStar GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
SnowflakeStar GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"I Believe in Rain," by Abbey Spivey is a piece of writing that falls under the environmental category. In her writing, she talks about the beauty behind the simplest of things like rain. We often associate rain with sadness and gloominess, but in her piece Abbey Spivey connects rain with calmness,happiness,and beauty. This interesting viewpoint in the beauty of the simplest of things makes this piece of writing something special.

As many may know, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and the happiness created by such beauty is different for everyone. In today's day and age, with all the busy schedules that people have, nobody ever seems to stop and notice the things around them. According Abbey Spivey, she claims that "Something as small as precipitation reminded me that we do not need big things to create happiness." What we regard as true joy can be the smallest things around us, we just have to pause and reflect on that. Abbey Spivety also writes "Those are things given to eveyone, every day, and I feel satisfaction and delight when I take time to notice them, to find happiness in the simplest of things."