Feedback on When School Attacks | Teen Ink

Feedback on When School Attacks

January 6, 2016
By mustafahayder2002 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
mustafahayder2002 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm not perfect; no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. I think you try to learn from those mistakes."




















~Derek Jeter


Upon reading this article, I knew how the author felt immediately. They write that every morning, at 6:20, they wake up to fing that it's time for school. The whole day, they are dragged through "hell". Finally, they get home and, in only an instant, it's 6:20 again.  This poem explains what goes through most kids' heads early in the morning: already?

I feel as if I can relate to this piece. I wake up every day at 6:45 to prepare for the bus ride to school. The 45 minutes of every period feels monotonous, even in the interesting classes. I cherish when dismissal is announced, but for what seems like 110 minutes later, I'm sitting in Science learning about what mitochondria does.

This poem conveys a universal theme in the sense that no kid, whether in the USA or in France, enjoys going to school. The author describes school and the agony of it well, with words like "drags" and "miserable" as well as phrases, which include "chases me ruthlessly" and "worst for last". I feel this author knows what they are talking about, primarily because they are a student and not some 35 year old reminiscing about the "good old days" of going to school. I feel that that point of view makes this poem undterstandable, likeable, and comparable.