My Best Frenemy | Teen Ink

My Best Frenemy

January 6, 2016
By E_ppanda GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
E_ppanda GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"My Best Frenemy," written by "Sarah", reminded me of a girl I used to be friends with and it wasn't even so long ago. Sarah was once friends with a girl named Erin, who would always want to top what Sarah said. Sarah gets frustrated with Erin's bragging and she goes hang out with a different friend. At first, she was secretive about it, especially on their social media but they accidently spilled the beans. Erin gets angry with Sarah when she finds out but Sarah still apologizes. However, she doesn't forgive Sarah. Their friendship is over after Sarah blows her off and Sarah learns that those who are not your real friends won't forgive you for making silly mistakes.

Similar to Erin, my ex-friend would always brag about everything. At one point I also realized that she told my other friends to stop talking to me. I trusted her and since then, I wasn't the only one who hated her. I hate how she does her work when teachers don't look and still get credit. Sometimes, however, when I hear my friends saying bad things, I'll still feel bad. It's quite weird.This memoir is very well written and I believe that many teenagers can relate to both Sarah and I.