Animal Testing is Unnecessary This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I wholeheartedly agree with Becca Delzer in her article “Animal Testing Is Unnecessary.” Just the idea of animals being tested on for science is preposterous! Becca writes, “you tremble because you are next. People in white lab coats come and take you from your cage. You are painfully injected with various serums … chemicals are dropped in your eyes … your life is a science experiment … you just got a glimpse into the life of an animal used for scientific testing.” What horrible torture! I would not want to endure that – why put helpless animals through it?

I thoroughly agree that there are more humane alternatives to testing on animals. Thank you, Becca, for opening readers’ eyes to what happens to animals. Hopefully you’ve inspired many to put an end to this inhumane practice.