Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year MAG

By Joanna Baker BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Joanna Baker BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

When do you ever hear about giving a teacher an award? You don’t. But you always hear about rappers and musicians getting awards. Why can’t teachers get the same recognition?

A teacher wakes up every morning to come to a building that is either too cold or too warm, to teach kids who often don’t even try to pay attention, then go home and take care of their own families. And do you think they ever hear a thank you? Most likely not.

Luckily, Teen Ink gives students the opportunity to say thank you to our teachers, an opportunity to show our teachers how much they mean to us. The Educator of the Year section helps me and other students show teachers how much of an impact they have had on our lives.

The Educator of the Year contest lets you nominate your teacher for the annual award. Can you imagine if the teacher you nominate wins? That would be the ultimate thank you. Teachers do so much for their students, and they deserve to be recognized for their efforts.

So, Teen Ink editors, I would like to thank you for coming up with the Educator of the Year contest. Nominating a teacher to receive such an award is amazing.