Need Love? A Review | Teen Ink

Need Love? A Review

By mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

Need Love by Carijoy made me feel like I did years before and up until I encountered my first love. The article is so relatable to young teens that want to be loved and crave the feeling. Carijoy’s first sentence states, “See it but never feel it,” this is true because teens see others around them being in love but they, themselves, have never felt it, although they want to experience it. They try to find that special someone that they think they deserve, but they either can’t find someone special enough for them or get broken up with before they have the chance to be loved. After tears of failure and depression, they ask themselves, just like Carijoy asks herself, “What is wrong with me? What makes me so un-lovable? Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead, and replace it with a kiss?” She shows the aspect that people tend to not talk about. The down fall, the negative thoughts flying around one hundred miles per second in their heads, the frustration, the voice that is telling them to quit. After they stop questioning themselves as a person, they start to question the fairy tales and the movies that lie about true love. Teenagers grow up watching and reading love stories about what love may seem like and what it should be, where everything turns out perfectly. “Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies. They are all the same. Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl. Happily Ever After” Carijoy couldn’t have put it in a better more raw way. The truth comes out in the writer’s short poem about teens that crave the need for love, making it an exceptional piece of writing.