Feedback on "Her Christmas Wish" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Her Christmas Wish"

By RockyLightwood GOLD, New York City, New York
RockyLightwood GOLD, New York City, New York

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

Her Christmas Wish” by Prerana Kumar is a two- sided story. One side of the story is about a woman, who dances at a bar in order to keep herself from starving, who wants to buy a new pair of gloves because the old one has several holes in it. The other side is a woman who wants to buy a gift for her son. The difference between both women is their desires. The woman who dances at a bar wanted to buy a gift for herself, thinking she deserves to make herself happy. The woman with a child wanted to buy a gift for her son, thinking he deserves to be happy.
     Both of the women had the right intention in their mind. They wanted to make someone happy and they did. “Today she has filled his heart to the brim. Today, she is proud of herself,” explains that the woman made her child happy. The title “Her Christmas Wish” is probably referring to when the little boy asked his mother if she got her Christmas wish. The mother thinks back to the time when he was born. She remembers how much she loves him, that she would fight for him, he is her salvation. The woman answers his question with “Yes. Yes, I did.”