I'm Afraid of the Movies | Teen Ink

I'm Afraid of the Movies

By rainygrace GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
rainygrace GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

of course it is happening inside your head, harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? - albus dumbledore

The movies were once a magical place where you can escape from the real world to Emily Thomas. However, now she fears the theatre. According to "I'm Afraid of the Movies" she looks for a place to hide and a way to protect her little brother in the event of a shooting. She believes that the movies aren't what they used to be. Personally, I agree. I often find myself paranoid while sitting on the theatre. It was a relatable piece that wasn't only well written but also informative.

I relate to this piece a lot. I enjoy going to the movies but now with what's going on in the world, I look around in fear. Sometimes, I share the same goal as the author, "See the movie and get out alive." There are so many bad people in this world and they have the power to hurt us. Overall, I enjoyed this piece. It flowed and had some statistics as well. She did a good job voicing her opinion.