Feedback on "The Flaw in my Facebook" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Flaw in my Facebook"

November 4, 2015
By nicolezef GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
nicolezef GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

     “The Flaw in My Facebook” is a relatable memoir in which Klara Huemer, the author, presents the audience with a dilemma she struggles with nightly: procrastination by Facebook. She very accurately describes the struggles of focusing, especially late into the night, and mentions how Facebook relaxes her and puts her mind off of her overwhelming responsibilities. This memoir is not only beautifully written, it also perfectly puts into perspective the life of so many students.
     I personally enjoyed this memoir because of its relatability. I, too, often times find myself going to sleep so late that I run on merely five hours of sleep the next day. Huemer says, “Yeah. Homework.” yet she is lying. I am caught in the same situation most of the time as well. I blame homework for my procrastination, though it only puts me at a disadvantage the next day. Every day the dark circles under my eyes remind me of this terrible lie I have been keeping up for so long. Klara Huemer explains the situation calmly and I was able to agree with everything she said.