Goldfish Coupons and Forgotten Love | Teen Ink

Goldfish Coupons and Forgotten Love

October 26, 2015
By mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

The memor about young and forgotten love made me feel deeply sorry for the author, Grace C. It was called Goldfish Coupons and Forgotten Love. Everyone has a childhood crush or a first love.  You never forget about them or how much you enjoyed their smile. Grace feels this way about her love, Landon. Although Landon and Grace never dated, Grace always loved Landon from the start. “I was his someone, and when he flashed me an excited smile, I knew I was the luckiest Someone in the world” (Coberly). She had never forgotten about Landon, he was always in the back of her mind, but when she saw him for the first time in six years she froze. All the memories about them together suddenly flashed before her eyes. A memory of when they were in third grade sitting in a cold dusty corner reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid together, or the worst memory of all, when she tried to tell him she liked him more than a friend. In April of third grade, Grace tried to pass a note but Landon wasn’t paying attention. “Biting my lip, I nudged his arm with my elbow and offered him the note. (This was normal for us). He plucked my secret from my fingers casually, as if i didn’t matter. I tried to look away, to slow my heart’s incessant pounding, and then-” (Coberly). Suddenly her teacher, Mr. Krauter, took the note from Landon’s tiny third-grader hand, he never found out what the note said. Grace was full of embarrassment and always was whenever she looked at him. She didn’t really talk to him after that, until May of her freshman year when they both worked at their school Fun Fair. They only talked an awkward brief moment before they had to go. Grace wishes that she could still have him, but its looks as if he had forgotten about her. Her first love will forever be Landon. Is Landon’s childhood crush Grace? No one knows for sure.


The author's comments:

This is a true story that would be in a movie that I would see int he theaters in a heartbeat.