Feedback on Goldfish Coupons and Forgotten Love | Teen Ink

Feedback on Goldfish Coupons and Forgotten Love

By E_ppanda GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
E_ppanda GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Memoirs are usually not my type of thing but I am a big romance lover. Goldfish Coupons and Forgotten Love is a memoir written by Grace Coberly. From the title, I thought it would really be like a romance story, which in a way it was. Grace is going back to her old school for a visit but she sees her childhood crush, Landon. Although, I didn't get the ending I hoped for, it was quite satisfying and enjoyable to read.

I can relate to this in literature. I've read countless stories where the main character tries to tell the person they have a crush on but they get interrupted. That led to my dissatisfaction with them. However, Grace's story is not dissatisfactory at all. Her last moment with Landon was," I think he smiled." That's not the best part. The best part was," Thirty seconds later, Landon and I were in our usual spot, tucked away in the corner closest to the door." Grace says,"our usual spot," meaning they have done this more than once and its just so cute how they're like reading a book together. Their encounter was memorable and  their beginning was great. It matters more that they both still remember. 

Never hesitate to tell someone how you feel or you'll regret it.