Feedback on Rebuilding Myself | Teen Ink

Feedback on Rebuilding Myself

By Zehra13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Zehra13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

The beautifully woven article Rebuilding Myself by Clementine Wurzbach is a story of maturity and growth through a girl's own will and intentions. The story portrays a young girl who is diagnosed  with Graves' disease that led to her weight gain. Her mother's solution is hot yoga classes. Although she is frustrated with it at first, the girl begins to see the true cure of this exercise. She takes its meaning to heart and connect mind to body, this helps her become a better person and redeem herself. This story touched me and I loved the clear stamina of this girl as she clings to hope and faith. 

This piece gave me inspiration and motivation to fixate myself on a goal and actually reach it. It is hard to create a goal and accomplish it, however there are many out there who always prove thoughts of humanity wrong and exceed that level. The girl in this story is one of them. As the article states, "Light bulb: maybe there is something to be said for setting an intention." There is much to say about setting an intention. It is a bridge to be crossed and on the other side is all its rewards. Only one story that can aspire others to make dreams a reality. This story will leave you wanting to achieve every hurdle that stand in your way.