Feedback on "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" review | Teen Ink

Feedback on "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" review

September 24, 2015
By rangerslover SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
rangerslover SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

    I would like to give feedback on the review of "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" written by Mitchell Mobley. It is a very detailed review that gives us an insight into the very popular mixtape loved by many drake fans (including me). The author explains to the reader the reasoning behind the album and it what it reflects in Drake's life. Mobley explains how the album discusses the relationship between Drake and his mom and his relationship with Birdman and Cash Money Records. This review has everything a good review has and really explains the mixtape to the reader.

   The author Mithchell Mobley greatly shows his understanding of the mixtape and shares it with us, making the reader feel almost as being an expert about something that they knew nothing about seconds ago. Pieces of information such as "...it certaintly shows Drake's talent as a lyricist, focusing not on themes of braggadocio or violence, but rather on relationships and a sense of belonging to one's hometown, and element for which Drake is known." really help me as a reader understand what the mixtape holds within. The writer does a great job of opening us up to his opinions and really explaining why Drake fans like me and overall  music consumers should buy this mixtape, and his own personal opinions. However, the review would be more helpful if we really got some negative things about the album. The writer seemed to only explain the positives, while avoiding the negatives which can also sway a person's opinion on the mixtape. Although, the overall quality of this review was decent with a lot of insight into the world of Drake's new hip-hop hit.