Feedback on "To Our Collective Body" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "To Our Collective Body"

By jodih SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
jodih SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

I am commenting on an article from the September issue of the Teen Ink magazine. It is called "To Our Collective Body," and it is written by Daisy Blossom Doty. To summarize, the article is about insecurities one person might have. Some of these include body size, gender, skin color, and others. Doty acknowledges these insecurities, and tells the reader to feel confident and proud about their bodies, and not to allow others to influence the way one views himself or herself.

Personally, I enjoyed reading the article because it made me feel positive about myself. I read that some people are bullied because they may not fit the "perfect size" mold others have made for them. I admire how Doty tells the reader about how people should not affect one's self-worth. As stated in the article, "this is to remind us that we are beautiful, And to screw anyone who dares to say otherwise." In this society, I believe almost everyone needs a reminder of how he or she should not be ashamed of their appearance, and this article clearly establishes that.