Feedback on "To Our Collective Body" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "To Our Collective Body"

September 24, 2015
By lunakurra BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
lunakurra BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

  I feel that every teenager struggling with body image and self hate needs to read the inspirig work "To Our Collective Body" by Daisy Blossom Doty. In her article, Daisy clearly states that everyone should learn to love themselves for who they are and that nobody deserves to make anyone else feel like crap about their bodies. Whether they are thin or plump, pimply or smooth skinned, they are no worse than the next super model with her perfect physique. It was brave of her to publish such an outpoken piece of writing, and, frankly it had to be said by someone sooner or later.

  With her sassy wording and a too true attitude, Daisy Blossom Doty composed the perfect comeback for bullies who try to make others feel bad, as well as the perfect encouragement for those trying to come to terms with themselves. The phrase "This is to remind us that we are beautiful. And to screw everyone who dares to say otherwise" reflects her idea perfectly. As someone who struggles to see their body positively from time to time, I am thankful for this work that easily qualifies as an award worthy piece of spoken word poetry.