Quiet is Okay | Teen Ink

Quiet is Okay

September 15, 2015
By PeaceHope123 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
PeaceHope123 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the writing titled “Quiet is Okay” written by Grace B, I felt that her writing about how introverts are seen in life and what they can do to make life better left me feeling amazed how many changed the world.  I was surprised the introverts are a word used to describe people that are shy and antisocial.  In Huffington Post, Kate Bartolotta believes that “Each moment an introvert spends with other people, a more energy is taken from the cup” (Bartolotta).  So that must mean that introverts don’t need to socialize as much as others do.  Apparently, talking to others “drains” them more than being alone.  Well, that maybe true, but what about our lives today, hmmm?  As the article goes on, the author talks about famous introverts such as Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, Rosa Parks, who refused to up her seat on a bus and many more.  Many famous singers, actors, etc., etc., could have been introverts as children.  At the end of the article, the author said:  “Everyone has been created differently, to act differently, think differently, and express differently than everyone else” (Beatty). It means that introverts are different, but their differences could change our lives forever, change the world. Just because they are introverts or not, doesn’t mean they can’t help us change the world for the better.