Review of To Our Collective Body | Teen Ink

Review of To Our Collective Body

By MeganWeis BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
MeganWeis BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In the writing titled “To Our Collective Body” written by Daisy Blossom. I feel that body shaming is a big problem in today’s society. Doty states “Boys determining your worth is okay. It isn’t okay. It is not okay. I beg that you see why it is wrong. I hope, I wish, sometimes I pray, that you got to feel good about yourself. That you try and make others feel the same.” Nobody in this world has the right to tell someone your worth except yourself.  It should be a job for all parents to raise their children knowing to never put a human above another or tell someone they’re not good enough. This article made me feel completely different about myself then before ever reading it. I strongly agree with this article. You only get one body to live in so why not love it and most importantly “because you’re worthy” says Daisy. Having confidence does not make you cocky or full of yourself. “You deserve to feel good about yourself. You deserve to think you look amazing”. Love yourself no matter what size or race.